Wednesday, July 31, 2013

My how things change

hello everybody! Allow me to apologize in advance, as my iPad keyboard has been acting up this evening and my shift key wants to only sometimes work, meaning there may be some letter not capitalized that should be. Anyhow, i did not hear back concerning my first audition that i last wrote about, however for my second audition, I was cast right on the spot! It is called A Mother's Touch, and I am Emily, a quirky, goofy friend of the lead. The CD told me I was perfect for the part, and upon filming i was told by the crew that I 'sold it' and 'you are HILARIOUS' - two things I very much love to hear!! I was certainly a bit nervous as I did not know how it would go, as I certainly was goofy. I just received an email that it will be screening this coming Saturday - YAY so exciting!!! I had another audition yesterday, which I feel went well. I haven't heard anything regarding a callback just yet, which is always a bit disappointing, however I fully believe that if I am not called back in, it will not be bc I did not do well...I felt very connected to it...so I really truly believe that I am not the best match for the role. Of course, I hope I receive an email late tonight asking me to come back in tomorrow, but if I don't, I know I did my best!! I did receive a couple of small redirections for the first scene (there were two) and before leaving I was asked whether I play soccer or could kick a ball around, and how I feel about some of the physical aspects of the film (both of which I am fine with)...I like to think I was asked these questions bc they were considering me for the part, but nothing I am spending much time thinking about, bc as Bonnie Gillespie would say, it's all actor mind taffy!! Oh and another awesome thing - my coach has been making it a note to tell me lately how amazing it is that I have such a great gut instinct. That is a really great thing to have when acting, and I am so grateful!! I have another audition Friday - woooop!! And I received another alert asking whether I am avail Fri afternoon and if I have specific clothes I could wear to shoot...now, this second alert is casting off headshots, however the problem is the person who contacted me did not provide me with any contact information to be able to reply! I ended up looking his name up online and looking for an email address that way. I found one, but the problem is that I don't know whether I emailed the right person. But hey it was worth a shot, right?? I recently bought a book The Eight Characters of Comedy, written by Scott Sedita. This is one book I have not been able to put down!! It is a guide for sitcom writing and acting, and I absolutely love it. I can recognize the characters in each sitcom I watch, and have become familiar with looking for and recognizing the way the jokes are written. Absolutely amazing how I have been watching sitcoms my entire life and never picked up on the pattern in which these shows are written, and the familiarity between the characters from show to show to show. This is something I am very excited about! If you are an actor and interested in getting into sitcoms, or if you are a writer thinking of doing the same, I absolutely hands down recommend this book. Funny enough, my coach just wrote an article yesterday on prepping for an audition, and she mentioned recognizing which character you are of the 8 characters of comedy (if auditioning for a comedic piece) Good info to know, people! Also, it's available on Kindle. Just sayin ;) Upon speaking with my acting coach regarding sitcom classes after graduation, she said there will be no need to take them, as the training I am currently in will suffice. SPEAKING OF WHICH!!! Graduation!!! Holy moly - our guest speaker was not an alum of the studio, however his cousin is. Anyway, our guest speaker was TOM CRUISE!!! Mad respect. He spoke from his heart. He was real. And truthful. And inspiring. And I cannot say enough about how incredible it was to have him talk to us about perseverance. About loving what you do, and learning as much as you can about the entire process. I am so thankful to be a part of such an amazing studio. I am so entirely grateful to be able to live in Los Angeles, and to do what I love. It is tough, because I am broke. I am not currently getting paid for what I do. I drive so very far and sit in hours of traffic to go to and audition that I might not gain anything but auditioning experience from (That's a great thing to get though!). I am so very lost in the business aspect of show business - but I am learning! I am reading what I can, and watching webinars, and networking, and doing all that I know how to do in order to succeed. And I AM THANKFUL! (Hm, why do I suddenly crave Cafe Gratitude? :P ) Those are my latest updates! If you are interested in hearing from me more often, feel free to follow me on Twitter! @SarahSavin . Ciao!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment