Thursday, August 15, 2013

Slow week

Last week I had three auditions. Just a word of advice - if you ever get an eco-cast audition through Actors Access, don't try to do it on your iPad. The uploader is flash and is not supported on iOS devices, causing a very stressful auditioning process when your perfect take is on that iPad. It just takes too much time to memorize sides, do makeup, do the work, get the right clothing for the part, and then not be able to actually submit your audition tape. UGH. Lesson learned. My class has about 4 more classes of superlatives before we move on to our third and finale First Year SCENES!!!!!! Ahhh - I am so excited to see what scenes we get and how we are cast in them!!! After scenes we are going to spend about a class or two on impediments, and then the First Year of Meisner is OVER! Talk about a crazy fast year. I can see how far we all have come over the past several months, and it is truly incredible. I guess I can't say for myself, as I don't watch myself act and can't compare to myself now vs prior to the training, but I can say for everyone else in class, the transformations have been phenominal! We are all looking forward to what amazing actors Second Year turns us into. I am such a night owl. It's nearing 3:30 in the morning and I don't want to go to sleep. I have been dead tired for like two hours now and I've been fighting it. must....not....sleep....(but really, I really really should...like negative now.) But all I wanna do is sit here with my Love Story scented Scentsy warming...and my Colbie Caillat Pandora station playing...and read all my kindle books related to the acting business, and the craft...and read my Book of Mormon...and write out circumstances and back pocket objectives, and make a list of Preset knocks, and superlative activities...and just plain enjoy the simple little relaxing setting I set up for myself. It's not often that I feel super girly. But this is one of those nights, and I just want to enjoy it, darn it! Ok well as much as I hate to say it, for the sake of my sanity tomorrow, I guess I will head off to bed. Goodnight, all! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment