Sunday, July 14, 2013

Headshots, audition, workouts and such

Happy mid-July, everyone!! Here is a little update on my end - I re-joined The Actors' Network last month, and attended several events at the studio, which included a few guest speakers. I am so sad that the studio has now closed, but it's wonderful that Kevin E. West is now able to fully focus on his acting career again. Hats off to Kevin for putting things on hold for 22 years so as to help other actors have success pursuing their own dreams and goals!! I finally got new headshots, and I LOVE them!! I think that as the years go by I will get better at getting shots that really capture my essence and scream my brand, (and these might, I just haven't gotten feedback on whether or not these new ones do) but I do know that they look like ME. And if you are an actor, you know how difficult that can be to achieve. Often times they look like a much prettier you, but I looked at mine during the shoot and the first thing I said was, THEY LOOK LIKE ME! Wow! Haha. I've also received a lot of compliments on them (and how much they do look like me) from other actors, and I've even had a couple ask for his info so they can contact him for their own headshots! So head on over to www.failsafephotography.com and check out some of his work! Or if you're on an apple product like I am, he also has a Facebook fan page under the same name :) He is a really nice guy, super chill, amazingly easy to work with, funny, he works with agencies all the time so he already has an idea of what works and what doesn't, and he gets stuff done. I also love that he works with natural lighting, which wouldn't seem like a big deal to some, but I really like that. He is basically everything an actor would want in a headshot photog :) I started submitting on Actors Access and LA Casting. I had my first audition yesterday since updating my headshots! Super fun. I wonder if I will ever stop getting red in the face and kinda sweaty when in an audition? Haha. Anyway, driving back, I thought...man, people really have got to love acting to do this! Sounds stupid...but really...It took me almost an hour to get to the audition, and then coming back there was SO MUCH TRAFFIC!!! It took me close to two hours to get home and I think it's only about 19 miles from where I live?? Three hours of my life just driving to and from the audition, for a role I may not be cast in, and if I am, it's unpaid. That's love...haha. But if I get it, it'll be a great credit to my resume, and I am always happy to add credits!! But even if I don't get it, it's always great to have experience with auditioning, and that's kind of almost our job...to audition! Heck knows we actors go on tons more auditions than we get bookings! So yesterday, I went out and did my job - and it was fun! Today is the Joanne Baron/D.W. Brown studio graduation for second year students. I have two months left of first year (WHAT!!!!) however we are all encouraged to attend the graduation today. I am super stoked for it, I hear it is going to be CRAZY good! They typically have a pretty high profile alum come and speak - and by the way my coach is hyping us up for it, this is a graduation we will not want to miss! Workout wise - I'm starting the Turbo Fire / Chalean Xtreme Hybrid tomorrow. I love the programs as a hybrid, I just haven't been able to fully commit to them in the past. But I'm ready to shed some of the weight I have put on over the past year, so all vegan diet with the workout program it is! I'll be back down to 120 before I know it :) (disclaimer - it isn't about the scale - I don't even own one - it's about being healthy and fit - but just having been there before, I know that my default, natural, healthy weight is 120, however the number doesn't mean a thing as long as I am fit and healthy!) Now that I've got my new headshots, I am looking for a commercial agent. I've been told that I shouldn't have any problem finding one and signing with them, so I am going to pray about it, because that would be amazing! I'm interested in Daniel Hoff Agency, but I am trying to compile a list of several agencies I would be interested in working with and go from there...we shall see what happens! Also...I think I already know what classes I want to take next! Besides like a million others, because as actors we never stop learning, growing, fine tuning our craft, etc, but the next order of business class-wise will be Lesly Kahn's class. Not only is she highly reputable and respected, but she also helps with sitcoms which is what I am told I am great for. Now don't get me wrong, I really want to do film, but if I am good for sitcoms, it is def worth looking into, because who knows, maybe I will love it! That about wraps up my most recent updates. I will update again with progress in my workouts and if/when get cast in this film! Or if there is anything else I feel is worth updating for. In the meantime, what are you doing to pursue your passion? Or have you decided not to pursue it? And if not, why? Have a fab week, everybody! Toodles!! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment