Thursday, May 9, 2013

Validation

Yesterday I met up with my scene partner and we were able to get a really rehearsal in. We went through the scene as normal, we improvised, we switched roles and improvised, we did the scene in repetition. It must have paid off, because today we both trekked over to Santa Monica and had an artistic with Talia. We started off basically doing an exercise...I was on the inside doing a superlative activity that paralleled the emotion I start off with in my scene...and my scene partner came in with her starting emotion from the scene also. Then she had us begin the actual scene. We improvised it, and then afterwards we did it normal. By the end of our scene, Talia said that she cannot believe how much I have changed. She said that there was not one moment that she did not believe me, and that "I'm doing it."
Wow.
What a complement.
Tomorrow I am having lunch at a local vegan joint with my scene partner, and a couple friends of ours. One of which is a writer, the other a very established director/writer. I am feeling very, very happy right now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment