Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Decisions, decisions

I was recently asked by a cousin to join her and my other cousins on a trip to Michigan this summer. They have rented a cabin on the lake for a week. If I go, I will only be able to stay for a couple of days due to commitments with my acting class. I could go Monday and return Thursday, and it is during a week that I have my son with me so I would not have to go without him or have to rm wrestle with his dad to see about taking him on a week that is not mine. On the one hand, would it be hurting my career to go? Would I be throwing myself off track? Would I be giving myself a vacation in the middle of the time I need to be hustling the most? On the other hand, I rarely see my family. Once I start getting work, it will get even trickier to get home and see my loved ones. Here are my thoughts. I think I am going to go. I want to shed a couple pounds that I picked up over the past year. I need to do that before I get my headshots updated and get my actor slate (since I don't have a reel). Once I do those, it will still be a couple weeks before they are complete and edited and I will be able to submit for work. Plus, being that it will be a week with Noah, my time to sit around and work on my daydreams, rehearse with other people in my class, etc, will be very difficult at home. Perhaps if I am on vacation, Noah will be distracted with his cousins enough to allow me to have a little bit of time to work on my craft, something I have a difficult time doing when it is just the two of us. Also, I think I would regret not going, much more than going. I can't believe what a tough choice this is though, and this is just the beginning. Imagine once I actually start getting work. Then I think I will be too afraid to ever leave the county, haha. Good thing that I love LA! Today I was able to daydream, took a little while to get to my emotion though. I tried again several minutes later and was able to tap into tears of joy, this time full blown sobbing, within a matter of a couple minutes. So either there were some residual emotions from the first time I had done it, I am finding what works better, or I am just getting better at reaching tears of joy bc of practicing. I think what I might do is randomly daydream thought the day. Like if I think about it, I have to do it, right there, on the spot, so I can just grab it when I am in class or on set and bam. Do it. I am focusing on tears of joy right now because it is the emotion I need at the top of my scene. Through the scene I change from tears of joy to trying to be happy for my best friend but I am really heartbroken, but I do really come to that emotion through the reality of doing, so no need for daydreaming there. I am trying to come up with one or two superlatives. Going down a list I have of "ways of doing things", I am trying to find something I can do in the most casual way, and something else I can do in the most innocent way. Why do these seem to be so difficult? Yesterday I came up something to do in the most direct way, and something else in the most assuring way. Any suggestions? Leave em in the comments! My scene partner will be here in 40 minutes to rehearse for our scene Friday. Gotta get to work before she gets here! Ta-ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment