Sunday, January 23, 2011

Hey there!

So, what's going on in the wonderful world of Sarah? Quite a bit, actually! Probably the most challenging of what I'm doing is DETERMINING MY TYPE! I know I'm very girl-next-door......and I look like a high school Senior (lol) but by the advice of the amazing Dallas Travers, I'm in the process of demonstrating my type in every thing I do......and I really need to make decisions! I don't want to be too 'vanilla'. This is not easy! Have you ever sat down and really thought about how you come across to other people when you walk into a room? How do they see you? I've been taking time out to determine who I really am, how I appear to others, & how to market myself accordingly. I need my business cards, my headshots, my blog, my online profiles, everything, to just put right out there what my type is, & that way I am representing myself appropriately. It sounds so simple, yet it's extremely important!
I did have a new set of headshots taken New Years Eve. They turned out MUCH better than the last ones did! My photographer was Giovanni Sosa with Modern Light Photography Los Angeles (www.modlightphoto.com), & makeup by Vanessa Caroline (www.vanessacaroline.com). She is AMAZING!!!
After receiving feedback on my most recent headshots from several respected sources, I'm pretty sure I've settled on which photo I will be using for commercial, & which one for theatrical. I'm so pleased!!!! =)
I have a profile set up on Actors Access & have been submitting for everything I find myself suitable for. So far I've had one audition (it will be another week before they decide who to cast) but even if I don't get cast, it was definitly something to learn from!
I don't have much experience on my resume, so to supplement the lack of experience I am preparing to join a couple of new classes to up my training. First I will be joining a class with Ben Hopkins (link below) & then I attend improv classes at The Groundlings. In the meantime, however, I will continue to submit submit submit!!
I'm also in the process of losing weight! I'm currently about 15 lbs below my pre-pregnancy weight, which I am stoked about! Although I have at least another 14 lbs to go before I'm where I'd like to be. So far so good though! (I'm at a healthy weight for my height either way) Working out & eating right really IS the key! (breastfeeding had helped, too, I'm sure!) & I feel like a million bucks anymore!
I updated my profile on about.me today - check it out! http://about.me/sarahsavin

With that, I'd like to thank the following for their overall awesome-ness!
Rebekah Kennedy, actress (www.rebekahkennedy.com);
Liz Brown, Actor/Producer (www.lizbrownonline.com);
Ben Hopkins, Acting Coach (www.blogspot.com/actingnodrama);
Paul Alayo, Actor

Have a great week, everyone!!! <3

xoxo Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment