Thursday, November 25, 2010

What are you thankful for?

Today is Thanksgiving and this will be my fourth Thanksgiving in California. And while I may be stone 2500 miles away from my family, I have so much to be thankful for I'm not even entirely sure where to begin.

So first off, I am thankful for Noah. I am so, extremely thankful to have a strong, healthy, intelligent little boy!! It is shocking to me just how many things can happen and I could not imagine going through such a painful experience as a miscarriage or stillbirth or for my child to be born with or come siren with a life threatening illness/disease. Words can not say just how thankful I am for Noah <3
Second, I am thankful for my boyfriend, Carlos. He is a wonderful man - smart, goal-oriented, driven,.passionate, healthy, handsome :) Carlos pushes me to be the best, healthiest I can be. He never fails to provide for his family, and he is a great person <3
I am thankful for my health, and the health of my loved ones.
I am thankful for the opportunity to fly to Delaware every 5-6 months to visit my family & friends on the East Coast. This may not sound very often to many of you but with flights costing so much, it truly is a blessing to be able to fly so much.
I am thankful to be spending this Thanksgiving with my little family, (my boyfriend and our son)
I am thankful for having a job. It may not be 'The job' for me, but I am blessed to have a job that pays more than minimum wage when the unemployment rate is so high in the country, and even higher in the area.
That said, I am very thankful for the opportunity to stay home with Noah for so many weeks during his first year of life! I am blessed to be able to afford to stay home for 26 weeks before Noah turns one!!
I am thankful for how everything always works itself out. Ex: My home. I am thankful to have a decent house with affordable rent in a desirable location.
I am SO thankful to the Lord for putting me in the best city for pursuing my career. I have wanted to be an actress since I was in fifth grade, and have been wanting to live in Los Angeles since about sixth or seventh. Many people have the same desires but don't know how to go about it - yet here I am by 'chance'! It has beena long string of events, some good, some not so fun to remember, which got me here, but I am forever thankful <3
I am thankful for Lucy (my cat) & her health, she has been one of my greatest friends since 2005. I am thankful to have known Koko, my dad's dog who was put to sleep yesterday. I am thankful that she is no longer suffering (old age) and that she provided such wonderful companionship for my dad over the years.
I am thankful for my friends. They honestly have NO IDEA just how much they mean to me. Just knowing I have these people as my friends.......i am so thankful, it puts tears in my eyes. I have a hard time making friends bc I think I am easily misunderstood by people when they first meet or talk to me. But the friends I do have - they are AMAZING people!!!!! I consider them my family and they certainly deserve the title <3
I am thankful for the opportunity to pursue my passion. For the classes I am taking, the books I have stumbled across (the priceless information I am gaining from them) for living in a city where possibilities are endless!! And I am thankful FOR my passion <3
Lord knows I have millions of other things to be thankful for, which I am, but I think I have covered enough here!

Here is to hoping for a wonderful, safe, memorable Thanksgiving for you all!! God bless <3

No comments:

Post a Comment